- Speed in responding to a crisis is more essential than ever and effective responses are often counter intuitive. Making it up as you go can be a recipe for disaster and in an instant lose you all the goodwill you’ve built as an organization.LMI offers it clients Crisis Communications Training, Crisis Planning, an Instant TV News story service for Emergency Response Drills and 24/7 access to LMI Associates that provides immediate crisis communications counsel to LMI client and is like having a communications insurance program.LMI has extensive experience working within the Incident Command System also offers specific workshops designed for Receptionists and Public Information Officers and field workers who may encounter the news media in an emergency.
A crisis communications plan, if executed effectively, will build community trust and credibility in company’s capacity to manage the impact of an incident and implement plans to get the situation under control. Seven key elements of a crisis communications plan are outlined in a tailored plan for client. This includes:
- Spokesperson selection processes
- Key Messages developped in advance responses to potential crises
- Key stakeholder contacts lists and plans and strategies
- Media contact sheets
- Pre-approved holding statement
- News conferences planning
Instant TV News Story
LMI provides a powerful tool to help your company test it’s media response was during an Emergency Response Drill (ERD). We’ll cover your drill as if it were a real time event. Using seasoned reporters, we’ll apply real news pressure and immediately produce a 2 minute news story with sound bites and community reaction for review right after the drill ends. As one company official recently said, “its just like a real news media encounter and that experience is invaluable.”
LMI offers a crisis retainer which:
- Guarantees the priority services of LMI on a fast turn-around basis.
- A planned budgeted approach recognizing clients will require ongoing media/communications counsel and/or coaching/training for serious incidents.
- Immediate access to a minimum of one hour per month of LMI services.
- That other LMI business will be rescheduled to meet its needs.
- LMI emergency numbers included in company Emergency Response Plan.
- Crisis Communications Planning
- Crisis Training: Individual and Group workshops – 7 hours
- 24/7 On Call Crisis Service
- Instant TV News Service for Emergency Response Drills
Crisis Communications Training: An intensive seminar focus on managing critical incidents, the news media and stakeholders. Simulated critical incident news media and communications management in first the few hours of an incident is stressed and participants practice the delivery and execution of emergency response plans, prepared statements and the execution of corporate policy on incident management.
LMI has extensive experience working within the Incident Command System also offers specific workshops designed for Receptionists and Public Information Officers and field workers who may encounter the news media in an emergency.